Devoted: means to solemnly set apart or consecrate. When we dedicate to God our first through fasting, prayer, and giving at the beginning of the year, we set the course for the entire year. We come telling Him that we are giving our first and best. Join us as we take a step to know Jesus more and pursue God together through a 20 day fast from January 2-21!
A Message from Lead Pastor, Chris Hippe
Have you ever gone through a season of life where you just feel sluggish? Like you just can’t get your spiritual engine up to full speed? You feel like you are not living up to your full potential. We’ve all found ourselves in those seasons from time to time where we just can’t put our finger on what has caused us to lose our spiritual fervor.
Just as any automobile eventually needs a tune-up sometimes we need a spiritual tune-up as well.
Life’s daily routines and the hectic pace we tend to keep wear us down…especially when we try to live by our own strength. Little by little, we drift in our relationship with God. We don’t mean to. We don’t intend to. Life just happens and we slowly lose our closeness to God.
Without that closeness, we become ineffective for the purposes He has for us.
Fasting can recharge your spiritual battery and renew your passion for God!
Although fasting lasts for a short season, it brings long-term results, which sharpen us, enabling us to face the challenges of life in His strength. Through fasting, you can experience spiritual renewal and direction for your life . . . restoration of relationship . . . healing . . . release from bondages . . . and so much more! Join me and thousands of others looking for freedom and praying for God to move in our lives.
Why should you fast?
- If you feel like your dream is in a holding pattern, try fasting.
- If you feel like your marriage is maintaining the status quo, try fasting.
- If your heart is breaking for your kids, try fasting.
- If you need to make a big decision, try fasting.
- If you need a breakthrough, try fasting.
- If you’re chained to a hurt, habit or hang up, try fasting.
We are directing our prayers on four key areas during our fast:
- Personal renewal and sensitivity on our hearts to receive more of God.
- Revival in the Church of America.
- Renewed heart to reach the 253 with the love and truth of Jesus.
- Salvation for our family, friends, co-workers, and community to have saving relationship with Jesus.
Types of fasts to consider:
- Full fast: abstain from food for a day, two, or five.
- Daniel fast: abstaining from sweets, meats, and treats. Similar to a vegetarian fast.
- Partial fast: fasting from food for certain meals throughout the week. A type of partial fast is eating only one meal a day.
- Media fast: laying aside forms of social media or entertainment to seek God.
Levels of Participation:
Twice in the book of Daniel a fast is mentioned. Once is for 20 days and the second for 10 days. We are asking everyone to join in this 21 day fast but if circumstance won’t allow the full fast, we ask that you would set aside a day during the fast to join us in prayer and fasting.