Lead + Host a Life Group
At City Central, we believe that Life Groups are the prime metric of health for our church body. What that means is that we place a high value on the relationships that are fostered in our Life Groups because we truly believe that these small group settings are where people are seen and known and cared for best… directly translating to the overall health of our body!
“And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people.” – Acts 2:46-47
Steps to Life Group Leadership
- Connect with Casey Mock, Community Life Director.
- Complete the Connect Class. Our connect class is offered in hybrid option of both online and in-person.
- Complete Freedom Class or Freedom Immersion. Check out our Calendar for the next Immersion.
- Become a member. Membership is an outward, formalized sign of the inward mutual commitment we have made with each other and Jesus Christ. This commitment helps to define not only our role, but also the intention of our heart; it affects our decisions and influences our perspective. Click here to find out more about becoming a member.
Life Group Roles
- Life Group Leader – The Leader of the group is someone with a pastoral or shepherding gift that navigates our small groups through processing the sermon, regular check-ins with people, and other tasks needed to facilitate good health within the group.
- Co-Leader/Assistant Leader – Like the Life Group leader, this person is training and co-laboring with the leader to facilitate the health of the group.
- Life Group Host – Our groups break bread in a specific location and the Host is the one with the space for the small group to meet and process the sermon content. The ideal person for this role is one with a Hospitality gift that would like to serve.
- Group Member – Regular attender to life group events and participant in group.