CCI is a 9 month discipleship & ministry training internship. CCI is designed to prepare people for occupational, bi-vocational or volunteer ministry leadership. The program will also focus on the personal development and spiritual growth in Christ.
Our comprehensive program includes: Specific training and practical application of ministry as part of an established team (20% classroom, 80% ministry experience). An applicant can choose one of the following internship tracks to be apart of: Pastoral, Worship, Local Outreach, Children’s and Youth. CCI will meet 3 Sunday’s a month from 1:30-4:30PM.
Applicants must be a HS Senior – 25 years old to apply. CCI School Year Cost: $250 (Non-Refundable after September 1st)
Local Outreach Internship
As a Local Outreach intern, you’ll have a chance to interact & engage with a pastor & Local missionary on staff with City Central Church.
Once a month, in a small group setting, a Local outreach intern could learn about the importance of discipleship, evangelism, the value & importance of local missions and how to impact and engage the next generation for the Gospel. Additionally, an intern, would have hands on training throughout the school year thru 1 of 2 ministries of their choice, YFC (Youth for Christ) or Jesus Club.
As a worship intern, you’ll have the chance to see, interact & engage with the worship pastors on staff with City Central Church. Once a month, in a small group setting, a worship intern could be taught the details of how to run sound and slides, songwriting, vocal training, and why being biblically grounded is important for worship. Additionally, an intern would have hands on training with the worship ministry throughout the school year with the worship pastors, applying what they learned in a real time each month.
Children's Ministry Internship
As a Kingdom Kids’ ministry intern, you’ll have the opportunities to interact & engage with the children pastors on staff with City Central Church and join the Kingdom Kids’ leadership team.
Once a month, in a small group setting, a Children’s intern could learn about the importance of discipleship for children, communication (teaching) & leading a class, shepherding, being biblically grounded and why we value children in the Kingdom of God. Additionally, an intern, would have hands on training in the Children’s ministry throughout the school year with the children’s pastor to apply what they’ve learned.
As a pastoral intern, you will have the chance to interact & engage with the pastors on staff with City Central Church. Once a month, in a small group setting, a pastoral intern could learn about church leadership, discipleship training so that before the end your training a person would be discipling a person to fulfill the mandate of the Great Commission.
An intern will be become biblically grounded and learn about shepherding & serving a church body. Additionally, an intern, would have hands on training throughout the school year to see what it takes to have a thriving church.
Youth Ministry Internship
As a youth ministry intern, you’ll have a chance to interact & engage with the youth pastors on staff with City Central Church.
Once a month, in a small group setting, a pastoral intern could learn about importance of discipleship, shepherding, being biblically grounded and how to impact the next generation. Additionally, an intern would have hands on training in the youth ministry throughout the school year with the youth pastor to apply what they’ve learned.
1. I learned some new or unique ways God may want to use me in ministry and how that fits into my life now, being placed in the marketplace.
2. Learning about habits and intentionality with my time. Prioritizing the Lord and knowing that if I put him first the rest will follow.
3. Because nobody knows what they are capable of until they try. Putting themselves into new ministry opportunities and intentional personal investment will always teach you more about yourself of what God has for you.
1. I’ve personally grown in humility.
2. The most impactful lesson for me was when we were learning the art of listening. I really enjoyed that lesson because it pushed me in the area of speaking less and asking more questions. Letting the other person share more of who they are and really dig deep within themselves to come to a new understanding of themselves or whatever the topic is about.
1. I grew in maturity, humility, confidence, and mostly intimacy with the Lord. This internship produced more growth in my walk with Jesus than any conference, class, or training I’ve ever gone too.
2.The Way From Here (Old and New Testament) answered so many biblical questions that I had, and put me into new perspectives I would never have otherwise thought. John Lewis come was very encouraging, and shed a whole new light on the heart of the Word and what actually is happening through the eyes of God and His people.
1. I grew in confidence in who the Lord has created me to be. I learned how to use my spiritual gifts in practical ways.
2. The most impactful lesson for me was learning how to put together a sermon. Sitting before the Lord, searching for verses, and presenting before a group are things I continually use.
3. If you want to foster your leadership potential, learn from amazing teaches, and discover how to practically apply your faith through teaching and service, CCI is for you!
1. I grew in patience, servanthood, and leadership.
2. The most impactful lesson for me was when we talked about forming habits and time management. that lesson put so many things into perspective and I learned so much.
3. If you want to grow in your spiritual gifts, learn new things, hear God’s voice and build great relationships in a short amount of time, this is the internship for you!
We are meeting throughout the summer as a young adult community! Visit our Instagram page for time and location.