This week, City Central’s youth pastor Stephanie shared her heart for the next generation as we transition into a new year. Reaching the generation is one of City Central’s shared values, and our Legacy Youth ministry has seen immense growth in reaching students from across the Seattle/Tacoma area. Stephanie shared the reality that we as believers are called to give our lives away. Each of us are qualified and called by God to serve and give our lives away. By paying it forward with our God-given gifts, money, and talents, we are blessed to see the Kingdom expanded on Earth.
You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus,2 and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also.3 Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.4 No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him.5 An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.6 It is the hard-working farmer who ought to have the first share of the crops.
2 Timothy 2:1-6
You are Qualified and Called
- God has entrusted us with treasures – God wants us to steward what He’s entrusted us with. Examples: City Central’s Freedom ministry, your testimony, individual talents/gifts that benefit the body as a whole.
Matthew 10:39 (AMP) – Lose your life for the sake of Jesus.
- God has qualified us to give our treasures – God has given us talents and gifts that He wants to cultivate in order that we would give them away and pour out into others.We are not called to hold onto our talents.
- Giving your life away fills you with joy – God has an inheritance of joy for us. The enemy wants to steal, kill, and destroythat joy. The key to joy is to agree with God and come into alignment with who He says we are.
Four lies from the enemy
- I don’t have anything to offer.
- Someone else is more qualified than me.
- I’m not called to reach young people
- I don’t have time/I’m too busy.
- How would the Kingdom be affected if every believer used their specific, God-given gifts and talents?
- What does it mean to be qualified to serve? Do you believe you are qualified? Explain why and how.
- How has the enemy attempted to rob people of their joy this year? Have you seen the Lord intervene in a specific way? Share with the group.
- What is your heart posture toward using your specific gifts to serve? Does your heart need a shift? If so, bring this to the Lord in your quiet time.
- Has the enemy used this difficult year to rob you of your joy? If so, ask for a fresh outpouring of joy in the coming days.
- Search your heart for any areas where the 4 lies of the enemy may have taken territory. Name these, bring them to the Father, and declare the opposite over your life.