This week, our internship director Adina Olson shared a powerful word for Mother’s Day. Adina defined mother’s day as “an outward clarification and acknowledgement that you’ve seen me, my actions and initiative and you appreciated it the last 364 day of the year”. She shared how there is good stuff to be found within the storms of life. Since it takes three parts for a storm to be created, it will take the Triune God to dismantle it. The storm that Jesus quieted in Mark 4 led the disciples into greater revelation and understanding of the authority of God. The Lord wants to shape and mold you into His likeness through the storms that will inevitably come.
“When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth.”
1 John 16:13a
35 On that day, when evening had come, he said to them, “Let us go across to the other side.” 36 And leaving the crowd, they took him with them in the boat, just as he was. And other boats were with him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already filling. 38 But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke him and said to him, “Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?” 39 And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40 He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?” 41 And they were filled with great fear and said to one another, “Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?”
Mothers, no matter the circumstances, know that:
- You are seen
- The way you serve is appreciated
- Your initiative makes life possible for others
Moms, we are grateful for:
- your sacrifice
- your time and thoughtfulness
- your unseen work
- your sacrifice
What is the good stuff to be found in the storm?
- Gain wisdom
- Learn how to pray
- Grow in trustworthiness
- Become a servant
- Grow your faith and trust in God’s word
- Produce the fruit of the spirit
- Be shaped, molded, and infused with Godly character
- Understand the faithfulness of the Father
- Grow in allegiance to Jesus and love for the Holy Spirit
- Anointing (the oil of God on your life)
- Orange Juice: The Lord will shake you in order to fill his house with glory.
5 “…according to the covenant that I made with you when you came out of Egypt. My Spirit remains in your midst. Fear not. 6 For thus says the Lord of hosts: Yet once more, in a little while, I will shake the heavens and the earth and the sea and the dry land. 7 And I will shake all nations, so that the treasures of all nations shall come in, and I will fill this house with glory, says the Lord of hosts. 8 The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, declares the Lord of hosts. 9 The latter glory of this house shall be greater than the former, says the Lord of hosts. And in this place I will give peace, declares the Lord of hosts.’”
- Olives: The Lord will bring you stormy moments that can feel as though they’re stacking up. The Lord may be hiding the purpose behind the storm before He chooses to press you.
“At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children.”
- Olive oil: The Lord will press you unto anointing. If you will grab hold of God’s perspective, you can weather your storm and obtain your revelation by Jesus Christ himself, as it is written.
“I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.”
Declaration over women of City Central:
You are women of God, filled with strength, clarity and integrity. You are strong. You are filled with great faith to live with purpose on purpose. You will endure, persevere and be shaped to gloriously showcase the splendor and majesty of our Lord Jesus Christ in every storm. You will see God move in your home, work school. Where I have influence, God will move through you. You will have impact on the generations of your family.
I believe our God fills your life with Good Things. AMEN
- What are some characteristics you could only develop by experiencing a storm?
- What role does our perspective play when we are in the midst of a storm?
- Adina used the imagery of orange juice. What is God’s purpose in shaking his people?
- Read Mark 4: 25-41 this week. What do these verses teach you about
- Read through Adina’s list of good stuff that can be developed through a storm. What 3 areas do you want more of? Ask the Lord to develop them in you this week.
- Adina shared how God will bring storms (olives) and press us (olive oil). We will often need to endure through the pressing season. Ask the Lord to prepare you for the storm and posture yourself for the pressing.