2024 Abide Fast Daily Devotionals
January 18 | The Call to Leadership
“Rise and stand on your feet.” Acts 26:16
If God has called you to leadership, you’ll be unfulfilled in any other slot. God told Paul, “Rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister.” Notice what the call to leadership requires:
- Competence: You must recognize your gifts, then channel your energies into where you’re most likely to succeed. That means acknowledging your limitations and equipping others to fill them. To do that, you must be secure.
- Courage: Scott Peck said, “The best decision-makers are those willing to suffer the most over their decisions but still retain their ability to be decisive.” Good leaders are not necessarily the smartest or most creative people, they’re just the ones with the courage to step out and go first. “So, be strong and courageous” (Joshua 1:7).
- Clarity: Your life’s vision may come at once, but the steps are revealed over time. Don’t allow a lack of answers to leave you paralyzed. Be clear about your goal, even if you’re not certain about the details.
- Coaching: Without a good coach you’ll never be as good as you could be. If you’re hoping to learn everything from personal experience, you’ll have to outlive Methuselah!
- Character: You can lead without character, but you can’t be a leader worth following. Character provides the moral authority to bring together the people and resources needed to get the job done. Your talent has the potential to take you places where your character can’t sustain you. That thought should keep you on your knees.
Consider: Has God created you to be a leader? If so, who are you currently leading? If you are not leading anything, go before the Lord and ask Him to speak to you about where He would want you to step out.
City Central Prayer Room Hours
Monday – Thursday: noon prayer (no MLK day)
Wednesday nights: 6:30 PM
All Day Prayer: Saturday Jan 27th, 8 AM to 8 PM
Join us to pray in our Prayer Room at City Central Church in Tacoma, WA.