Ephesians 4:17–19 Now this I say and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds. 18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. 19 They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity.
What Marks An Unbeliever?
- Has a futile mind. Those who have a futile mind are unproductive for the Kingdom of God. There is no evidence or wanting to surrender their life to the Lord. Meaningless and wrong morally, even though they may come off charismatic and confident in speech, seeming to know what they are talking about. “I am a really good person.” Let the Bible interpret the Bible. Their opinion changes how they think scripture should be read, interpreted and believed.
- Alienated from the life of God. We are born into sin, which can only be redeemed by the blood of Jesus. Not by what we do. Ephesians 4:19 they have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity. “You only know the Good News if you know the reality of the bad news.”
- Being past feeling. If you have a calloused heart, you may experience the following symptoms:
- They interpret all data negatively.
- Always spin it so they are innocent, and you are guilty.
- Always turn that they are victim and you owe them.
- “You failed me, I’m innocent, you owe me, tell me I can live the way I want.”
4. Sensual and greedy . Ephesians 4:20–21 But that is not the way you learned Christ! assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus. Being led astray by the pleasures of this world. The strongest spirit you will encounter in the demonic world is the spirit of deception.
- Identity of the “New self’.
- Not guilty, forgiven.
- Not hated, loved.
- Not far away, drawn near.
- Not alienated, I’m reconciled.
- God is not against me, he is for me.
- God is not angry with me, he loves me.
- I don’t need to pay God back, Jesus already did that for me.
- I don’t need to clean myself up, I need to remember what Jesus has done and live out of the new identity He has given me.
Evidences that neither prove nor disprove one’s faith:
- Visible Morality (Matt 19:16-21. 23-27)
- Intellectual Knowledge (Romans 1:21. 2:17)
- Religious Involvement (Matt 25:1-10)
- Active Ministry (Matt 7:21-24)
- Conviction of Sin (Acts 24:25)
- Assurance (Matt 23)
- Time of Decision (Luke 8:13, 14)
The Fruit/Proofs of Authentic/True Christianity
- Love for God (Psalm 42:1, 73:25, Luke 10:27, Romans 8:7)
- Repentance from Sin (Psalm 32:5., Proverbs 28:13, Romans 7:14, 2 Cor 7:10, 1 John 1:8-10)
- Genuine Humility (Psalm 51:17, Matt 5:1-12, James 4:6, 9)
- Devotion to God’s Glory (Psalm 105:3, 115:1, Isaiah 43:7, 48:10, Jer. 9:23, 24, 1 Cor. 10:31)
- Continual Prayer (Luke 18:1, Eph. 6:18, Phil. 4:6, 1 Tim. 2:1-4, James 5:16-18)
- Selfless Love (1 John 2:9, 3:14, 4:7)
- Separation from the World (1 Cor. 2:12, James 4:4, 1 John 2:15-17, 5:5)
- Spiritual Growth (Luke 8:5, John 15:1-6, Eph. 4:12-16)
- Obedient Living (Matt. 7:21, John 15:14, Rom. 16:26, 1 Pet. 1:2, 22, 1 John 2:3-5)
- What fruit or proofs of Christianity do you see yourself desiring more of and why?
- Are there any evidences that neither prove or disprove one’s faith that challenge your former thinking? Share your thoughts.