This Sunday, our Community Life director Casey Mock shared about the importance of being in community and pursuing fellowship together. She shared the Biblical reality that we will have trouble and trial in this life, and how we need others to lift our arms up when we’re too weak. We want to follow the examples of the Godhead who dwells in unity and the early church who did not neglect to meet together. Christian perseverance is a community endeavor, and Life Groups are a space where we can find our crew before our crisis.
I have said these things to you that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation but take heart; I have overcome the world.
John 17:15; 20-21
I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. . . I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
Acts 2:42; 46
And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. . .And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts.
- Have you ever self-isolated and found it difficult to choose to be in community?
- What do you think is the number one thing that keeps people from joining a Life Group?
- What do the examples of the Godhead and the early church teach us about community?
- If you’re not in a Life Group, ask yourself why you aren’t. Take the step of signing up for a Life Group today!
- Go before the Lord this week and ask Him to reveal anybody that you need to invite to your Life Group!