This week, our Community Life Director Casey Mock shared about the importance of meeting with the saints outside of Sunday mornings. She shared a statistic from a study that sought to answer what brings health and fulfillment to individuals. That study determined “belonging” as the number one answer. We were blessed to hear some of our life group leaders express how their group has become a safe space to be transparent and find healing in Jesus.
Acts 2:42 (ESV)
42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.
Components of a Healthy Life Group
• “Meating” – Sharing a meal together is a sign of deep and revolutionary fellowship cutting through all other affiliations.
• Sharing – As the redeemed of Jesus, we do not belong to ourselves anymore; we belong to God and therefore God’s community.
• Praying – The Lord often talks to us through the corporate and bearing each other’s burdens.
• Processing – Living out the Word of God and helping each other live transparent lives.
How do I belong?
• You believe – believe Jesus when He says we were made for relationship
• You stay – stick around, give time for the Holy Spirit to move
• You move in – go deeper in friendships and intimacy with Christ
• You make room – make room for others the same way others made room for you
It is not good for man to be alone.
God places the lonely in families…
But you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, ‘Abba! Father!’.
In Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
He will dwell with them, and they will be his people.
- Of the 4 components of a healthy Life Group, which is your favorite that you experience in your group?
- What are the top three schemes the enemy could use to keep somebody from joining a life group? Pray against these together as a group, interceding for anybody in our church body that is hesitant about joining.
- Who is one person in your life that the Lord is putting on your heart to invite to your life group? Ask the Lord for boldness and courage to invite them this week.
- Do you know anybody that could use community? Invite them to your group this week!
- Intercede this week against any schemes of the enemy to isolate the saints and keep them from joining a life group.