This Sunday, Chris interviewed his wife Jena about the gift of motherhood. Jena shared how every woman is a daughter of Eve, created to be a bringer and giver of life. She expressed how there are different seasons and phases of motherhood, likening some stages to areas of the armed forces. Jena shared how each woman is called and set apart to speak life. She attested to the intimacy with God that she found only by being a mom, and how she gained significant revelation about God’s complete adequacy in her inadequacy. Motherhood is a gift from God, and we are called to partner with the Lord in bringing and giving life.
1 Peter 4:8
Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young.
for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.
1. Based on the analogies Jena used of the armed forces, what stage of motherhood do you currently find yourself in (reserves, battle, retired, etc.)?
2. Jena discussed how motherhood reveals the impact of her sin on her children. How important is the process of sanctification to being a Godly mother?
3. How has motherhood exposed your need for God?
1. Meditate on Galatians 6:9 this week, believing that you will reap a harvest if you do not give up.
2. Read through Mary’s song of praise this week in Luke 1:46-55.