This Sunday, our Community Life director Casey Mock shared about the importance of being in community and actively pursuing fellowship together. She shared the Biblical truth that we will have trouble and trial in this life and how we need others to lift our arms up when we’re too weak. We want to follow the examples of the Godhead who dwells in unity and the early church who did not neglect to meet together. Christian perseverance is a community endeavor, and Life Groups are a space where we can find our tribe before our trial.
Acts 2:42; 46
And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. . .And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts.
Iron sharpens iron,
and one man sharpens another.
- How have friendships and community supported your journey with God?
- What does it look like to invite someone new to a life group?
- What does it look like to be family outside of church?
- If you are not in a life group, take the next step, make a list of 3-5 life groups you would be interested in attending. After you have your list, stick 6 with a group and if it does not work out, try out the next group. Here is a list of life groups from our webpage or check out the app.
- If you have tried a few groups out and have not found the right group for you, would you consider starting your own group?